Over recent years business communication technologies have advanced at a record speed and it’s easier than ever for co-workers and clients to stay connected. Many companies however still have outdated phone systems in place that simply aren’t up to scratch in the hyper-connected world of hybrid working.
Upgrading your business communication system can help with productivity and boost customer satisfaction. If you’re wondering whether or not to upgrade your system, here are 5 signs it’s time to take the plunge.
Your Remote Workers Are Disconnected
Since the breakout of COVID-19, remote and hybrid working have become the new norm and the companies until today face a constant pressure to ensure all staff can stay connected. Whether it’s a full setup of a virtual call center from home, or just a one-off case of an employee working on the go – the abilities of your communication system will determine your business efficiency.
Many PBX systems have taken this into account and included a range of features to put business owners at rest. With mobile and desktop apps, users can simply login into the system from anywhere and access all the necessary information. Plus, tools like team chats, video conferencing, audio calls, webinars and file sharing help all staff stay connected no matter what.
There are also call center features, such as call queues, IVR and ring groups that can effectively improve call handling, especially in WFH scenarios. Many communication systems also provide CRM integration so that all customer data can even be centralized and accessible to everyone.
Your Business Has Grown
If your business has grown since you first installed your existing communication system then the chances are – it’s going to be time for an upgrade. Older systems are a lot less flexible when it comes down to scalability. Traditional PSTN setups, for instance, require heavy hardware investments and additional wiring, which is neither quick nor convenient.
That’s why you must always evaluate how well your communication system can currently support you and, at the very least, in the foreseeable future. Majority of the business owners today opt for VoIP-powered systems to have the freedom to add a new phone line with just a few clicks and offer exceptional flexibility and scalability.
Your Phone Bills Are Too High
Tired of paying large telco bills monthly? It may be time for an upgrade. With older phone systems you will often face charges for the installation of additional phone lines, international calls, and maintenance.
Switching from traditional phone systems to options such as a VoIP can help you to save money. Installing a VoIP system however can often come with an array of money-saving benefits including:
- Using existing broadband removes the need to install expensive wiring.
- Phone systems can be managed from an easy-to-use dashboard that can be done in-house at no extra cost.
- Local calls are usually free whilst the fee for international calls is often very low and a number of providers are available to choose from.
- It’s normally cheaper and easier to add a new phone line as it requires no specialized hardware and could be managed in-house in just one click of a button.
Your IT Team Spends Too Much Time on Support
Finding and nurturing talent can be a hard part of running a business and the last thing you want to do is have your team preoccupied with time-consuming, non-critical tasks.
Old and outdated business communication systems will often require a substantial amount of maintenance and it’s likely that your IT team will find themselves spending a lot of their time trying to fix issues.
Upgrading your communication systems, maintenance and support will often require less technically-savvy solutions, allowing your talented IT practitioners to focus on creating bespoke communication and IT solutions to help your business excel.
You’re Lacking Business-Critical Features
Business communication is no longer just about making phone calls. Whilst that’s still an obvious and important feature, the chances are you’re going to need it to do a lot more to keep up with the customer needs and expectations.
There are various elements of phone systems today that not only make communication easier but can also actually improve the running of your business and the quality of the service you provide.
Upgrading your current solution can open up new features including:
- Live Chat: experience a new real-time way to connect with your customers and maximize the potential of turning them into paying clients.
- Video conferencing: connect with team and clients over a video call to discuss more complex issues and build rapport.
- Voicemail transcription: free up the time and resources of your staff who currently have to do this manually.
- Record and monitor your calls: improve your service offering through quality and training purposes in order to improve your service offering.
- Call routing: the ability to route calls to the right operator or a group of operators to ensure that no call goes unanswered.
- IVR: reduce wait times for customers who contact you via telephone by ensuring they are directed to the right place from the beginning.
Why settle for less? If you can relate to even one of the signs we’ve mentioned in this article then we definitely recommend upgrading your business communication system to help your business reach its full potential. Guaranteeing the best customer experience is key for your business success and you can’t afford to overlook it. Whilst it may not be the most obvious money-making element of your business, letting it slide could be catastrophic.
The post 5 Signs to Upgrade Your Communication System appeared first on VoIP-Security.Net.